There is always this one precious dress in every girls wardrobe that she adores, but she never wears it because it is simply not the right size or the wrong color. It’s too good to give it away, but how about exchanging it for something she will actually wear? For instance the unworn vintage treasure of another girl, or maybe a brand new designer piece? This is exactly what the SKYY SWAP MARKET is for.
After last year’s big hit we will be hosting the mega event again with Designer Scouts on August 26, 2011 at Stadtbad Oderberger. Find out how it works after the jump!
1. Step: Check your wardrobes for any vintage treasures that you would like to exchange for something else. It should be something special and valuable and not some random piece from mass production. It can also be an interiour or design object, an accessorie or a unique record.
2. Step: Bring your treasures to one of two SWAP-Spots. There they will rate your goods and exchange them for vouchers.
Glücklich Am Park, Kastanienallee 54, Mon-Sun 11-20h
XVII* dix-sept, Steinstr. 17, Mon-Fri 11-19h, Sat 11-17h
3. Step: Register for the guestlist here and invite another friend:
4. Step: Stay tuned to the Designer Scouts website to find out, which designer pieces we will have at the SKYY SWAP MARKET. We will introduce all designers there who have donated a few pieces from their collections for a good cause.
photo: Christoph Wehrer
5. Step: Come to the SKYY SWAP MARKET on August 26 at 21h at Stadtbad Oderberger and bring your voucher. Exchange your voucher for SWAP-Jetons. With these jetons you can either get new clothes from the market, or you can exchange them for drinks. If you don’t have any or not enough jetons you can also buy them. The proceeds of the evening will be donated to the HIV charity Berliner AIDS Hilfe e.V.! So you are swapping for a good cause!
6. Step: Dance to music by Jeannel, Isabell Polak, Vladimir Karaleev and Hugo Capablanca and enjoy the delicious SKYY Cocktails at the after party that starts at 23h. (You can also just skip step 1-5 and only come to the after party.)
photos: Katja Hentschel
The theme for this year’s SKYY SWAP MARKET is “New York, Miami and San Francisco”. We will have a corner with typical looks and current trends from all three cities at the market and if you manage to get one of these looks you can win a fabulous SKYY Cocktail set with one of the limited collector’s editions of SKYY Vodka. Happy swapping!
SKYY SWAP MARKET
hosted by Designer Scouts
Friday, August 26, 2011
Swapping 21h, Party 23h
DJs Jeannel, Isabell Polak, Vladimir Karaleev, Hugo Capablanca
Oderberger Str. 57-59